Ramsey Middle School is an innovative, academically challenging environment that empowers each learner to explore possibilities, act with integrity, and create positive change within one's community and the world.
To help challenge and empower each learner, we will:
• Facilitate inquiry and innovation through STEM and the arts.
• Provide meaningful learning opportunities where students engage in problem solving and the construction of knowledge.
• Act as role models and utilize daily routines and structures to support the social, emotional, and academic lives of all students.
• Embrace our community through service learning and learning with and from our community.
• Offer purposeful homework activities to practice and extend our learning
• Uphold our school’s social contract by maintaining high expectations
• Engage in professional development and learning to better understand each child’s learning needs
• Work consistently with families and our school colleagues to make the school a welcoming place for all families.
To help myself succeed in school, I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
• Set goals that support my academic and social hopes and dreams for this school year
• Live by our social contract rules and encourage my peers to follow them
• Ask for help when I need it
• Communicate with my parents, advisor, and teachers so that they can help me be successful in school
• Explore possibilities and take risks in my learning
• Act with integrity and work to create positive change in my school community and the world
To support my child and Ramsey Middle School, I will:
• Communicate my hopes and dream s for my child’s school year
• Support my child’s academic and social goals
• Show interest in my child’s learning and help him/her develop a sense of belonging with our school community
• Help my child to make strategic and healthy decisions about school work and school activities.
• Communicate with my child’s advisor and teachers
1 West 49th Street Minneapolis, MN 55419
Telephone: 612.668.4040 | Fax: 612.668.4050